July 29, 2010

Tantrums

If you don't follow me on facebook then you might not know that Stella turned into a little tantrum beast in a trice! I think there are three tantrums in her repertoire: 1. You are denying my right to hold this forbidden object so I will throw myself on the floor, arch my back, look up at you red-faced and scream. 2. I simply do not know how to tell you how mad I am about not being able to tell you about how mad I am. 3. I'm tired and Margaret's been screaming so I think I'll just join in for the fun of it - while we're at the dentist's office.
I've made a pact with myself to spend more one on one time with the sprite, too. Maybe I can work on teaching her more key words so she won't scream for wanting them.

Right after I posted yesterday it started POURING here again. Margaret was still sleeping. Stella was staring longingly at the rain. We went out with a mission to delight in the deluge.


In other news, I photographed this little sweetie recently. What a husky little lamb. Love him.






You might recognize that scarf from this post. We got it at old navy and the children love it! While we were there, Margaret fell in love with the mannequins. She's had an obsession with manneqins for about a year now. She calls herself a mannequin if she is:
1. standing on a small blanket
2. hiding her feet and ankles in the depths between the couch cushions.
3. hiding her head under her blanket.

Here she is hugging the Old Navy mannequins.

4 comments:

casey wiegand July 29, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

you are so gifted, your pictures are beautiful. we are experiencing mega tantrums over here in the wiegand household as well. glad to know im not the only one :), love you

Holly July 29, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Thanks, Casey. I love your photos too. Sorry about the tantrums there! It's so hard to know what to do!

Carman July 29, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Oh my goodness, Margo this post cracked me up...especially the part about the mannequins! :)

Amy July 30, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Bela sounds a lot like Stella. He's a very low maintenance guy, but, oh my, he has fire in him. I really try to catch myself and move from impulse appeasement to guidance, which are two very different things. :) It's funny, I never struggled with "appeasing" Laith, or "giving in" to him...And that is funny about Margot. I'm surprised she loves them instead of being afraid.

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP