July 28, 2010

Rain

I can't stop laughing about the face Margot makes when water gets anywhere near her face. It poured buckets of rain for about 2 hours while we were in Houston last week. I managed to capture some pictures of the girls behind my parent's house. Her facial expression just kills me! I tried to recreate it for Jeff with the hose yesterday while we were having ice lollies on the front porch. Priceless.







Stella was also out in the rain -- but she looked more like a normal person and not so much like a hross.


It's been raining a lot here too. We are joining forces with our neighbors to plant and nurture a fall garden. Expect pictures of produce come September! So far this summer, my basil is the only thing I've been able to keep alive. What is your favorite veggie from a fall garden?

2 comments:

Jen July 30, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

i love it. rain water collection for the fall garden.
i cant wait to plant sweet potatoes. and cilantro and kale. it seems odd timing but my houston garden book says that the fall is the time. gosh, i have a lot to learn.
hey, we are coming to waco in the next couple weeks. not sure the exact weekend, but i will let you know. can we see yall?

Holly July 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Jen, Yes! We're here. I think a rain barrel is going to be connected to our gutter system. Rain water is best for plants -- no treatments!

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP