May 21, 2010

Sisters

Hi.
We've been struggling a lot with bullying and general meanness around here. It started at church. The nursery worker called me in to tell me that Margot was terrorizing the other children. I gave her a time and out then put her back in the group of kids. I made my way back to the sanctuary and missed the sermon because I was pleading with God for answers. On the way home I asked if she kicked Liesel (another 2-y-o). She said, "No, I pushed her." "Did that make you sad, Margaret?" "No, I wasn't sad. Liesel was sad. I knocked her down like the Giant"

Note to self: Don't read the story of David and Goliath to Under-Threes (maybe Fours?).

But really the biggest struggle has been at home, bullying Stella.


She gets this very aggressive face and just does any thing to be mean. Anything she touches, she has to see what it looks like being slammed against Stella's head: be it a pillow or a big dictionary. Anything that Stella is holding, Margot has to take.

Call me silly, but I didn't expect this.

I've been working on disciplining without emotion or anger. This has helped some. I'm also working on simply allowing them to bond more as sisters. In addition to moving them into the same room (when I get home from my vacation next week), I've been allowing Margot to have certain motherly roles.




They are also just plain spending more time together with careful mediators (Mama and Daddy).








Things are getting better but they have not been easy. In fact, the last two weeks have tested every inch of my patience. Sorry to say that I didn't make and A plus. I'd say a D ... maybe a C.
Can't do it in my own strength. A+ in Christ Jesus!

2 comments:

Emma May 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

You posted! my girls already went through this phase. Of aggression, this time everything was terrible, even more well it was just age. Margot at WHAT you talk seems to be temperamental, and has a strong personality for a girl of four years. (Or more?) This is a great quality. God bless you all.

Katie May 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

I am so glad you are back to posting :O) we have missed seeing your awesome pictures. I love the picture of your girls sweet hug :O)heeheehee

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP