January 8, 2010

Rosary, Bible, and Our Lord's Prayer


We are not Catholic, but my darling Catholic aunt gave us a totally fun glow-in-the-dark rosary. Margot just happened to discover it on the same day she discovered her Bible that my grandparents gave to her. She was walking around with a turtle neck on under her romper and it looked so much like a clerical collar. I had to get a picture.



It's about as cold as it gets in Texas right now. We didn't leave the house all day. I'm sure Margot will need to get out tomorrow so we're off to the shops to find some soup bowls for the soup party we're having here on the 13th (Did I say soup party? I meant to say confirmation class for the church plant which just happens to be at my house.).

I've started saying Our Lord's prayer with Margot every night before bed (before I started this, we were just praying thanksgivings and intercessions for friends). She latched right on! About five days after I started doing this with her, I asked her if she wanted to pray. She said the whole thing! Amazing how they can remember what is obviously important to us. The manner in which she says, "Deliver us from evil" does not exactly hold the gravity which such supplication ought to, but it's really cute!

When you pray the Lord's prayer do you say trespasses or debts? Can you guess which one Margot says?

4 comments:

MLEastland January 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

we say trespasses. she says debts?

jen c January 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

debts. but thats because dany works at a pres church. i said trespasses my whole life. i go back and forth in my own time.
i bet she says debts.

Holly January 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

We say trespasses, too! Thanks for playing along, girls!

Jen January 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

gosh, i thought i knew her so well. =)

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP