January 9, 2010

Nursery Rhymes - Ba Ba Black Sheep

Early this morning, I was taking the girls to Target. It was 8 degrees outside. We just don't have clothes for this weather for the girls. I thought I should go warm up the car before I loaded them up. I went out and started the car. When I came back, Margot was still waiting for me right beside the door.


I went to open it and it was LOCKED! I ran around back to see if our hidden key was still there. It was GONE! Reappearing at the front door, I saw Margot, still patiently waiting for me. I asked her if she could open the door for me (we have a door that locks automatically from the outside, but stays open from the inside. You would think that I would know of such a feature on our door, but we switch it often. So, I forgot to check before closing it. Also, I started the car with my spare set of keys that has no house key -- I need to change that soon!).

Margot tried to open the door for several minutes. It's a hard door to open! Poor thing. I planned which window I should break.

Before I broke the chosen window, I returned. I told Margot to try REEEEEALLY HARD to open it. She was almost crying for the effort. She got it! I scrambled in (wearing no coat -- 8 degress) and hugged her and praised her without end.


On a lighter note, my darling husband is back home with me tonight after a long and COLD week apart. Here's my hero on the guitar. We'll be recording a lot of these in the coming weeks. (Don't you like how I say 'we'?) Put in any requests for nursery rhymes here in the comment section. Old MacDonald is next on our list.





4 comments:

Jen January 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

how wonderful. my kitten fell asleep on me while listening. how about ring around the rosie? the best was when i saw your reflection in the window walking by.

Lisa January 10, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

Brad wants to hear "Are You Sleeping?" He's our hero, too.

Sarah January 11, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Dean let out a loud squeeeel when we listened to this. Awesome! We would like to hear Jesus Loves Me. Not a nursery rhyme but a long standing classic. Go Jeff!

Mary Mac February 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

will y'all take requests?

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP