September 18, 2010

Bloody Smile



A little update on Margaret:
She has been unwell today. Fever, pain, fussiness, sleepiness. I think she's getting sick again from the infected (abscessed) teeth. They will be extracted at 7:45 on Wednesday morning. How can I make her fast through breakfast? Fancy sequined shoes from her grandmother should help, but I'm really calling for suggestions here!

I know she's going to be darling still, but I am worried about what it will look like. I'm in the process of reading Les Miserables right now. Fantine has her two front teeth ripped out. "At the same time she smiled. The candle illuminated her countenance. It was a bloody smile. A reddish saliva soiled the corners of her lips, and she had a black hole in her mouth." Not the sweetest and cutest little image to be painted in my mind right before her extraction!! Thanks, Victor.

I'm also worried about what I'm going to say when we're on our way to the surgery and what I'll say when she wakes up! Lord, have mercy. Perhaps I'll just say that the teeth had boo-boos. They needed to go. And then I'll quickly move on to all the treats she'll get to have in the very near future. Cue the distracted bloody smile of a toddler freshly wakened from anesthesia.




Summer's nearly over. Wednesday marks the first day of fall right? The above image just screams SUMMER to me. I've always been a summer lover. I'll miss the bearable heat (the unbearable (100+) heat I can do without).

2 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box September 18, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

Oh my goodness! What turmoil!! Maybe tell her about ice cream, smoothie's, milk shakes and root beer floats! I'll be praying for you!!!! :-)

Amy September 20, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Oh, Holly, we'll definitely be thinking of you all. Yes, I think briefly explaining to her that they have to go, they're infected, would work. And then the smoothies! How long will it be before she can eat again?

Let us know how it goes...

I need to blog again in the near future. I'm so busy unpacking/organizing/nesting (31 weeks!)/ raising two rambunctious little ones, that I really just don't have time.

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP