July 12, 2010

Film and Other Things


Well, I've been taken by film. It's magical and difficult. It makes me slow down just enough. It's limited. Only 24 exposures. They all have to be deliberated over and metered. I love it.


If it weren't so expensive,


I daresay it might play a more prominent roll in my blogging.
But, I will just be posting images from time to time.


We did an all afternoon session at the University pool. I packed snacks and dinner and lots of water and we all had a grand time.



Here's Stella laying out in the sun.



Margaret is beyond laying out in the sun; on to things like eating one's own hand and praying on elevated surfaces with such expression and feeling!




She was really praying here! Her favorite prayer "Dearest Father, Help me to be good when I'm tempted to be mean. Amen!"




And then she stands up, does a dance, and jumps down.

The sisters have started playing together more. Like group-effort playing. The kind of playing where Margaret feels a deep responsibility to help this little life and Stella feels the kind of frustration that one generally feels when one is helped too much.


Learning to fake smile.


Dancing together (Yes, Stella is wearing a size 17 diaper when she should be wearing a size 3. Oh well. It is simply what was on hand)




We've been up to fun things together. Getting out of the house MUCH more now that the girls are napping roughly at the same time. The girls were sleeping in the same room for about a week before they both just lost it. I know that in the long run, it will be better for them to share a room. I was just having such trouble with discipline and crankiness. They were both sleeping 4-5 hours less each day. I want them in the same room so badly but I just couldn't handle it. We moved Stella into a portable crib in another room. Her crib is still in Margaret's room. Honestly, I just don't know what I will decide. Would love any advice!

Also, I've been sleeping like a teenager. It's been about a fortnight since I started sleeping like a rock again. Maybe it's something to do with having older babies; perhaps because I've been so deprived. It could be that I've started consuming good fiction again. Who knows. It's been really hard for me to get out of bed in the mornings though. Everything has felt so heavy and content just lying there for just a bit longer. You know how it goes. So, in the last fortnight, my insanely early quiet time has gone out the window too. I'm now spending time during the naps reading and in prayer. Oddly, I have found that the quality (and duration) is inferior to the "rising while it is yet night" routine. Pray for me to trust and rise early again!


3 comments:

Anonymous July 12, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

"Dearest Father, Help me to be good when I'm tempted to be mean. Amen!" This is going on my facebook. A wonderful prayer for us all.
Love,
Auntie Nita

Emily July 14, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

I absolutely love your blog, your photography, your precious little girls, your wisdom, and your love for the Lord! I'll pray for your quiet times to be full, whatever time they are.

Holly July 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Aunt Nita, I'm glad you liked the prayer! Emily, I'm so glad you visited my blog!

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP