June 11, 2010

Hi.



DISCLAIMER: Our lives are fairly boring right now. Not a lot of blogworthy material here. So this post will serve as simply an update. If you're in it for excitement or interesting tidbits, stop reading now.


Jeff's parents came for lunch last Saturday. As usual, Margaret and Stella had a blast playing with them.


Stella wouldn't sit still long enough to get a decent picture taken.
These must be the travelingest grandparents of all time. They stop in at our house on some of their many trips. We're grateful for the precious time spent with them!

Not many mama pictures on this blog since I'm the one taking all the photos, but finally I can share one.

Would that my thighs still looked like that. She drew this likeness of me last Monday and I fear I must have added some girth since then.

Margaret has been refusing to take a nap everyday. Never with willful screaming, but just happy talking and giggling in her room. By dinner time she's a complete basket case, though, which leads me to believe that she is physically still in need of a nap. So, we've been trying to get out in the morning to do exciting things ... hopefully to wear her out enough so she will nap. (Apparently a morning spent in our natural light dining room reading books and sitting around doesn't do enough for her.)

We went to the museum. Fun.

Stella is really in to balls of all kinds. We were in Walmart the other day when I let her hold a ball in the cart. She was screaming, "A BALL!!!!!!" through out the store for 12 solid minutes. Oranges and lemons are actually balls too, according to the little sweetie.

A lifetime of skinny-skinny-minny-hood for Stella has morphed into cute toddler pudgyhood too.


I like to think that she's rather proud of her almost-pregnant-looking belly.


I think she's going to be a tantrum girl. I'm scared, honestly. Not sure I really know the right way to handle them. For now, I'm just ignoring her when she cries uncontrollably about losing my cell phone to my grasp or about getting a hand swat for knocking over the floor lamp yet again!
She's a fierce experiencer. Here she is making a mad dash to get the soccer ball before Margaret.


And here's Margaret's look of haughty triumph after securing the ball despite the dash.



We've been asking the LORD to help Margaret with her meanness and he's been faithful to hear us. She has gotten much sweeter and her moments of malice are not many!

We have a date with two boys down the street this morning. Let's pray that she's sweet to them too! Here's to honoring God with our behavior!!

4 comments:

MLEastland June 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I love this post. I miss you so much. the girls are huge! Stella is almost unrecognizable to me - unacceptable!!

Anonymous June 11, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

I love your post, and photos!

Lisa June 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

I understand fighting the battle for kindness between your kids! I can't tell you how many times a day I use the phrase, "Guys! Be peaceful with each other!" Don't know why, but Rowan responds to being asked to be "peaceful". Miss you all!

Lisa June 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

One more thing... that post had plenty of excitement in it! A mad dash for a soccer ball? That's exciting stuff! :)

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP