March 6, 2010

Gold

I kept things like crackers and goldfish from Margot for so long. She would have tastes here and there at friends' houses, but I hardly ever gave them to her willingly. I knew she had a weakness (like Jeff). One day, I bought some. For no reason, really, I just threw them in the cart. They set themselves up in our kitchen, and Margot has never been the same.

Two days ago, I told her that she could have some outside. I had a little bowl full of them. I allowed her to take one at a time. She just hovered and obsessed. So I let her take a big handful.
VICTORY



It's the small things, really.



Then she did something that surprised me completely. She willingly shared her gold with her little sister.



Stella said yes ...



Maybe the the matching skirts inspired generocity.

3 comments:

Anonymous March 7, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

Yay for goldfish crackers! My girls' favorite snacks were goldfish and cheerios. I tried slipping some Whales by them one day. We ended up having to throw away the box after the crackers became stale. They definitely tasted the difference.
Love the matching skirts! ☺
Love you all!
Aunt Nita

Anonymous March 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

That picture of Margot cracks. me. up.

Thanks for the Chesterton recommendation. I'll look it up - a defense of skeletons sounds pretty interesting.

Lisa March 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

They are so cute I could eat them up (the girls not the goldfish!) Welcome to the world of goldfish. I try to make myself feel better by giving the boys whole grain crackers :) Every once in a while we indulge in Annie's organic bunny snacks, but they are WAY more expensive...definitely a rainy day treat. Hope the soup was yummy!

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP