February 1, 2010

Disappointment

I sliced the tip of my right index finger the other day with my rotary cutter. The blade is so sharp I could hardly even see the cut and it never bled! It still hurts and has made operating my camera a bit difficult. Shooting in Manual has many advantages, but trying to quickly change the shutter speed and the ISO while the moment is passing you by can be stressful! Especially when your index finger is injured! Look at the cutest shot that I just completely whiffed thanks to my bum pointer.

They were just about to kiss. A moment before I captured this Stella's mouth was WIDE open for the kiss. It will probably take weeks to get over it. If I didn't have it so firmly lodged in my memory, I might never get over missing the shot!

After this missed moment, I used my flash for the first time in a long time. It seemed like Stella's mouth was open wide in every picture I took. Here are a few. She's such a nut. Margot was sweetly feeding her some Cheerios.



Happy February, readers!
Just a reminder that I love comments. Please, if you've been a lurker for a while, leave me some comment love! This means you, Jeffrey! :)

7 comments:

bright and blithe February 1, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

They are so absolutely precious. How far apart are they in age? They look so much alike. Sorry to hear about your finger. That has to be so frustrating!

Holly February 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Gina, they are 16 months apart.

Anonymous February 1, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

Here you go Holly! I haven't talked to you in ages, but stumbled upon your blog and am hooked! I'll be honest- I feel a bit stalker'ish. I love all your pictures though and admire the lifestyle you guys live! --Amy Cesak

Anonymous February 2, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

I'm right here, darling, and I love what you're doing, both on and off the blog! I'm not great commenter, but I'll work on it.
Jeff

Wynne Elder February 2, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

so sorry! that stinks! thanks for your comment on my blog today! hey how did you make the pictures in a collage like that? in photoshop?

Lauren Wolf February 3, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Lurker alert! I love their little profiles in the kiss picture...

-Wolf

Acadia Hughes Photography February 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

So sweet! I love how there is a mouth wide open in every shot! So sweet Holly!

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP