December 30, 2009

Our Anniversary

Three years ago today we were married. What a blessing! My best friend!
...to have sleep-overs every night, to share so many meals together, to take trips together, to experience the joy of having children together, make a home together, to plant a church together, to laugh and cry together, to support and encourage one another, to read books together...
I cannot imagine a greater blessing! It's like a never-ending party. I've said this many times, though never so publicly, that Jeff is the greatest man on earth, my greatest earthly blessing. He is effortlessly selfless, always encouraging, honest, handsome (best looking man ever), fun, funny, and so brilliant.

We continue to learn about each other and how to love one another wisely.

It was an important lesson early on that is was not enough just to love each other. We had to love wisely. We had to love one another in Christ. Our spouses must always be subordinate to Christ! If not, we are setting ourselves up for disappointment and resentment.



happiest woman in the world here


a bit nervous (this is just before the ceremony)


my dear father walking me down the isle and sweet mother holding back the tears


serious bride


shot from the most beautiful reception ever. (thanks, mom and dad!)


Little did we know what the week following would bring; the conception of our darling Margot! She was born at 41 weeks gestation exactly 42 weeks after our wedding. Ahem, we were married for a total of 6 days before having children. We couldn't be happier about that. When Margot was 8 months old, Stella was conceived!

We will celebrate with some amazing people in Whitney tonight. I love you, Jeff.

5 comments:

MLEastland December 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

what a quick three years! Those are such sweet photos. love you two.

CaseyWiegand December 30, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

so sweet! just added your blog to mine, LOVE IT!!!!

Carman December 30, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Congratulations! You are so right about marriage...it's so fun being married to your best friend! Love you!

Jeff December 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

Holly, my Darling One, I love you and treasure you. It means the world to me to know that I have blessed you. Whatever I have done and whatever I am is a shadow compared to the bright star that you have been to me!

Anonymous December 30, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

This is so beautiful, and you are completely right about Christ being the foundation to build upon. HE truly makes all the difference.

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP