August 4, 2010

A frog came to visit us on our porch today. It may be the first frog Marge has ever seen (Stella didn't even take a single gander. Too busy yanking up hunks of grass).



There were some ... mixed emotions about the visit.



Even inside, it was sometimes too much to think of this little guy hanging out where she might again walk.



So up on the couch she got.



There he is nestled amongst our many water carriers.



Lots of awkward thoughts of "Should I want to touch him? Should I run and hide?"



She found him delightful.




She found him repulsive.



And then her knightly daddy drove up and she braved going outside ... just to show him the invader.




Here's the big guy.



Daddy caught him up and delivered him into the forrest. Then Margot looked up in thought and said with
this big smile



"I want to eat that frog and have him in my belly!" That is precisely what she was saying when I took that last picture. Then we went in to eat dinner.

~FINIS~

7 comments:

CaseyWiegand August 4, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

you have me laughing so hard!!! TOO CUTE!

Carman August 4, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Oh. my. goodness. Hilarious!

Evelyn August 4, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

I am in Singapore right now and have passed several places selling frog soups and fried frogs. She should come over here. I have not been brave enough to try them yet.

Natalie August 5, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

Oh, my! That is hilarious! I can't believe that was her final reaction to the frog!

no name August 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Hi! What camera do you use? Do you recommend it to other beginner photographers?

Holly August 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

I use a Canon Rebel. I have plenty of beginner friends who use the same equipment and like it very much. It's a nice starting point. The camera alone, however, will not make great pictures. Hope this helps.
Holly

Sarah August 6, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

That is too cute. I love the single piece of blonde hair draped over the frog. You can tell he hopped near a house full of girls!

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP