April 7, 2010

Letting GO

Hi, I'm back. Whew, that 24 hour break did a work on my blogging, to be sure!

I'm one of those people that LOVES a new package of markers. I love it so much that I try to think of every excuse not to use them just to preserve their pristine condition. I have to regularly ask myself, "What is the use of hoarding these things if I'm not going to use them!?" I used to be the same way about clothes that were just wonderful. I ended up NEVER wearing them!




When Margot starting using markers, it was honestly painful for me to watch. I hated the way she would jam that perfectly peaked felt tip into the wrong end of the cap leaving a craggy mess for the where the perfect peak once was. I hated the way she would pound the tip into the paper, flattening the tip. I was also bothered by the way she would obsess over putting the lids on and off and organizing the markers without really doing much coloring at all. Can you tell I have serious control issues. I'm a micro manager, I admit it. Having a toddler is the best cure for micro managing (or I guess it could be a sickening outlet for massive amounts of control).

The $6.25 I spent on a new 10-pack of markers for her easter basket was well spent. They are pretty much all demolished, three days later. She has, however, spent more time coloring since I stepped back and stopped raining on her parade.

I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for me to let go and let her learn how to do things for herself. I have so many hang ups. Focusing on letting go of one thing at a time has helped me. I started small. Now on to the sleeping schedule that's really all about me. How's that for a confession!?

Is there something that you need to let go of?

4 comments:

CaseyWiegand April 7, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

you are such a great mama, those girls are really lucky :)

Jen April 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

i need to let go of certain blogs i read. i read just to strike a debate in my mind. and judge. sadly, i am hooked. thanks for the reminder to let go. its not worth it.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts May 2, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

your LITTLE girl is super cute- I love watching little hands manuver markers etc. so wonderful.

Becky May 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

I am a hider of special pens when reckless boys come over. I hear your pain.

Post a Comment

  © All images are property of Holly Fish; template by OurBlogTemplates 2009

Back to TOP